Popular Posts

FWT Headshot

FWT Headshot

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Neff Beach Bash at Brighton 2011

Saturday April 23rd marked the second annual Neff Beach Bash at Brighton, I attended the event last year and had a ton of fun, so I decided this year should be no different!
I picked up my friend Nick around 8:30 am to head up to Brighton, we arrived there ready to go after some coffee. After registering we looked at the course for a bit, and waited for practice to start. The setup was just as fun as last years and consisted of; a big single barrel rail to a wall ride on the right, a launch box in the middle, and a reverse tear drop rail on the left side. The box itself was my favorite feature because you had to gap about 10ft. off the end of it to make it to the landing. With half an hour to practice, I had enough time to hit each feature once, and not wear myself out.
They put the open ladies division in with the grom boys. There were about 8-10 girls total there, which was a great turnout I thought! With tons of people hyping up the energy in the crowd, the intensity of riding was pretty high. I pushed myself to get at least one solid trick on every feature, and was most proud of my 180 onto the rail to hard way 180 off onto the wall ride. The girls were riding very well including one of my friends and fellow competitors who is only 14! She landed a couple very solid backside 360s over the gap which was awesome to see!
Forty five minutes flies by when your having fun, and before I knew it, my heat was over. I was joined by my big brother and his girlfriend who came up to watch, and support. THANKS DANE AND LAUREN. We talked and laughed and people watched while the rest of the competitors went, it was quite a scene as it was the last Saturday before closing the next day.
Around 1 o'clock the contest was over, and we were anxiously waiting the results. My friend Nick ended up in 4th, and I tied for 1st with my fourteen year old friend! It was all in all a very fun day of riding and another great event put on by Brighton Resort, and Neff Headwear. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog


Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Followers