Popular Posts

FWT Headshot

FWT Headshot

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Billabong Flaunt-It Finals at Sierra


Once again Billabong has outdone themselves. I have been greatly anticipating this contest all season, and I'm glad I made the trip out to tahoe once again. After convincing my friend Vic to come with me the morning we left, we took off around 12:30. Eight and a half hours later we arrived at my friend and fellow Akinz and Shred Betties team rider Claire Demeyer. Claire was gracious enough to host us for our entire stay, and even made us dinner upon arrival! With full bellies, and a comfortable couch, it wasn't long until we were all asleep.
Registration took place at the same time and place as last year, and we were greeted with friendly staff, and an awesome backpack from Dakine. I got right out to the hill to start practicing since we only had about an hour to do so. Everyone got right after it, including myself, there was a slight nip in the air, so I was ready to get the blood flowing. Not feeling quite ready to do the spins I wanted, I took it easy until the slopestyle jam started. With two hours to get some runs under our feet, I just wasn't feeling on top of my game, and didn't put down a clean run until my very last run, and I finally got a cab 540 to backside 360 on the double jump line. After landing that, I felt a little bit better, but I was slightly disappointed about my performance. However, I did the best I could, and had a ton of fun riding and watching the other girls.
Not only does Billabong give out great goodies, and put on great events, they feed us lunch too! The setup of this contest is unlike any other, and it was one of the best events year after year. After we ate some delicious burrito's, it was time for the rail jam to start. I was feeling a little hesitant about doing the rail jam, because there were a TON of really good girls there. But I just did my best and had fun, and it worked out pretty well. I cleaned the down-flat-down rail a couple different times, and got frontside 180 on, hard way 180 out of the long down rail. I think the judges were looking more for consistency, and that is why I did better than some girls who were doing more technical tricks. Regardless, it was awesome to watch all of these girls push themselves to the limit, and overcome some pretty intense features.
All in all it was another extremely successful event hosted by Billabong and Sierra at Tahoe. I ended up taking 4th place in the rail jam which is awesome considering the talent that was there. The top 5 in slopestyle and the rail jam were awarded with some cash, a jacket, and a Billabong backpack stuffed full of all sorts of things. Huge thanks to Sierra at Tahoe, and Billabong for putting on such a spectacular event, see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog


Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Followers