Popular Posts

FWT Headshot

FWT Headshot

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Alaska Dreams... My trip to Haines and Heli Skiing with SEABA

For the most part, all of the stories you hear about Alaska are true. Its cold, wet, theres wildlife everywhere, its absolutely stunning and its mostly run by men. The terrain is unbelievable and it is a place many people in the outdoorsy world dream about going. I was fortunate enough to make it up there this April for some heli skiing, and it was everything I could have imagined.
Other than the ample amount of down time sitting inside due to weather, the trip was an experience I will never forget. There is something very humbling about being in those mountains, getting dropped off on top of knife edge ridges from a helicopter, and descending thousands of feet to basically sea level again. Alaska left me with an indescribable feeling of longing for more time in the mountains, but also a huge respect those pioneers who first started exploring around them, where one small mistake will cost you your life. You can bet that I will find a way to get back there every year from now on.. I suggest you do too.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog


Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Followers