Popular Posts

FWT Headshot

FWT Headshot

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Subaru Freeride Series Telluride


I have heard that the San Juan mountain range in southern Colorado is spectacular, but I've never been able to witness it for myself. It did not disappoint. In every direction you gaze are just the most majestic mountains you have ever seen. I was lucky enough to be able to go to Telluride at the beginning of March for the Subaru Freeride Series stop and although it didn't go quite as planned for me, the level of riding both skiing and snowboarding was mind blowing, and the scenery made it just that much better.
With just a visual inspection of the course the day before competing in the Main Event, it was difficult to select the right line, and have the confidence to ride it well given it would be the first time ever going down it. I admire those who were able to find the right line and "send it" in the sense that a lot of the competitors did. For me it was unusual to look at something from the bottom and then try to find my way to it from the top, where you couldn't see more than about the first 100 feet of the slope. Needless to say, I got a little lost on my line and was unable to put down the run I wanted, missing finals by just one spot. I was more than happy to be able to watch and cheer on the rest of the competitors, and work on my tan in the sunshine at 12,000ft! It was an absolutely perfect day for a final, and the energy levels were high. People were absolutely throwing down and it was a pleasure to watch. Congratulations to all of the competitors who were able to attack the mountain and get on the podium, that was a gnarly course!
On a brighter note, I was selected to be featured in the CORE SHOT video that the Freeride Series does with athletes to highlight the competitors and give a little behind the scenes look at who we are and showcases our personalities. Thanks for choosing me to be featured SFS and MSI! Take a look at the video below!
I can't wait for the next event at Big Sky, MT which is one of my old stomping grounds growing up! Be sure to stay tuned and check the SFS website (http://subarufreerideseries.com/)  for live streaming of the event and to see all of the athletes current ranking on the tour!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog


Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Pow Day at Mt. Hood Meadows

Followers